- Check if you have the files already:
- For 64-bit check in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\
- For 32-bit check in C:\Windows\System32\
- If you are unable to locate the files, then please download them here and place them in their respective directories
- Locate cmd.exe and Run it as an Administrator by right-clicking on it and selecting the option to
- Now execute the following command to register the dependency for 64-bit or 32-bit respectively
- regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\comdlg32.ocx
- regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\comdlg32.ocx
How to fix “Component comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered – a file is missing or invalid” on windows
7 responses to “How to fix “Component comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered – a file is missing or invalid” on windows”
THANK YOU, HELPED
Thanks!! It worked.
It’s showing error “this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default programs control panel.”
Now what should I do for this?
You should copy the entire line of command:
that must help!
You have to run the CMD app as administrator depending on your permissions.
when write ‘regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\comdlg32.ocx’ on command prompt running a admin.
this message is viewed to me: The Module “C:\windows\sysWOW64\comdlg32.ocx failed to load. make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files
The “download them here” link did not contain the ocx file, only the dlls. Obviously the regsvr32 commands then failed.